This year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo – or E3 – started off earlier than usual this year, with Sunday being the day they used for the first press conferences. The first press conference that we saw was the EA Play conference, and in that conference we saw them present us with some gameplay footage for Battlefield 1, the fourteenth installment in the Battlefield franchise.
This was one of the games everyone was looking out for, and the release of the trailer showed there was good reason for this. Unlike the previous games, this installment is set during World War 1, but it shared the massive deadly and battlefields (pun not intended) as all of it’s predecessors. The maps seem to range from climate to climate across the globe, and even lets you pilot mammoth airships in the sky in some massive 64-player online matches.
The visuals have very obviously been updated, and they look stunning, especially for what they say is in-game footage. As well as new graphics, the game has some new weaponry for you to control as you fight your enemies in the war. Here’s the official list as of right now:
- Shovels, knives, swords, and bayonets for hand-to-hand combat.
- Shotguns: Clearly, good for close combat in the trenches.
- Machine guns (including some that you have to pour water on to cool them down): Some of these are stationary, and some are mobile.
- Rifles: Attach a bayonet and it will do the job.
- Flamethrowers: Good lord, this might be overkill. But it’s likely very short range.
Still not sold on the game? Watch the trailer above and have a look for yourself. Let us know what you think about it in the comment section below!
Battlefield 1 will be released on October 21st and will be available for the PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.